How To Book Tickets
Booking tickets online:
You can book online for all Comedy Box and related events from this website (or an external link will be provided if the event is located in a venue other than the Hen & Chicken or the Tobacco Factory Theatre).
There is no additional charge for booking online via The Comedy Box. The advertised ticket price includes transaction and booking fees.
Bookings are confirmed via a Web Ticket displayed on the screen (you will also receive an automated copy via email). Please print off your Web Ticket then bring along on the night of the show. Alternatively, you can display your web ticket on your mobile phone and show it to front-of-house/box office on entry.
- To choose a show simply select the Comedy Shows button in the left column or go to the scrollable column positioned on the right. Each show panel will contain a brief description of the show and two buttons at the bottom. Click on See More if you want to read more about the show or click on Book Tickets if you are ordering tickets (select a quantity first).
- Alternatively, use the calendar on the upper right if you wish to know what shows are happening on particular dates. Dates highlighted in a red box (eg.28 29 30 31 ) indicate when a show is taking place. Clicking on one of these dates will take you to a show page or the listings for that date if there is more than one show.
- Once you have been taken to a show page by clicking on See More you will see that you can also order tickets from this page too by selecting your ticket quantity using the drop-down button at the top and clicking Book Tickets Online.
- At this point you will see the show you have selected by title, date, cost per ticket, number of tickets and total value. From here you can go and pay by clicking on Pay or you can Choose More Shows. The easy way to choose more shows is to use the scrollable column on the right and repeating the process. Everything will become apparent as you do it. If you make a mistake you can always change the quantity of tickets using the drop-down or remove the order from the ticket trolley and start again. When you are ready click on Pay.
- On the next page please enter the details asked for then click on Continue. This will take you to a final page before paying where you must check your order which is detailed at the top. Once you are happy with the order you have made please click on the payment link which will take you directly to the payment site. This is where you will be asked to enter your bank details. Please make sure you complete the process by clicking Proceed.
- Once you have paid for your order you will be redirected back to the Comedy Box website where you can view your Web Ticket which you can print off or send to yourself via email. At this stage please make a note of your CBox reference number. You should also receive an automated web ticket to your email account but there are occasions when this doesn't happen due to the vagaries of the internet. If this doesn't happen for you then please go to the Your Web Ticket page and follow the instructions there - this is when you'll need your CBox reference number to retrieve your ticket.
- It is preferable for you to bring a copy of your Web Ticket with you on the night of the show. It just makes our job easier because it contains your CBox reference number that we need to cross reference with our customer list (please note: if you are unable to print off your email ticket just make a note of your reference number which starts CBox-***** and can be found on your web ticket. Please bring this number and your credit/debit card to verify that you are the purchaser).
- Online bookings can be taken up until 6pm on the night of the show unless the show has already sold out. Doors open one hour before the start time if you wish to purchase tickets on the door - subject to availability.
- It is not always necessary to pre-book for Comedy Box shows but please check the website to see if tickets are available before setting out. If a show has sold out it will say so. There are nearly always tickets available on the door unless the artist is particularly well known, then it is advisable to pre-book.
- It is our policy that we don't issue refunds unless a show is cancelled. If an advertised headliner on a multiple act show is unable to appear then we will replace them with an act of equal quality or status. If you had booked your tickets based on the advertised headliner and you don't wish to see the replacement act then you will be entitled to a refund - your request for a refund must be registered prior to the show taking place. We will not offer a refund if either the compere or a support act has been replaced.
- If you have changed your mind about coming to a show we can offer to put your tickets on resale. Although it is always our priority to sell our remaining tickets first before we sell returns. There is a small admin charge of £2 for this service. This is at our discretion and is usually the situation on already sold out shows. If we think it is unlikely that we will sell out then we will say so. You will be notified by email if we have successfully resold your ticket. (Of course, you always have the option to give your ticket to someone else but please remember that a web ticket contains a unique reference number and can only be presented once at the box office).
- If you wish to switch dates for the same show we'll ask you to re-purchase your tickets for the alternative date then we'll process your refund for the original date. (Switching dates for a show is at our discretion and is dependent on availability). There is a small admin charge of £2 for this service.